The cigarettes contain many harmful toxins that are damaging the body. The nicotine that the cigarettes contain damages the lungs and can cause you to have high blood pressure. Even if you stop smoking now, the effect of nicotine is going to last for years.
Only 10 seconds after a cigarette smoker inhales, the nicotine is absorbed through the skin and the mucosal linings in the nose, lungs and mouth, and it travels through the bloodstream to the brain.
Also nicotine can lead to insulin sensitivity and insulin resistance, and also to an increased risk of developing metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes.
It affects the thyroid hormones, sex hormones, pituitary hormones and adrenal hormones.
These are the foods can help you to flush out the nicotine and other toxins from the body:
- Water:it is the drink of life. It flushes out the toxins from the body through the skin. Also, nicotine is dehydrating the body, and so you need water to re-hydrate the body, 8-12 cups of water during the day is the recommended dose you need to drink.
- Broccoli:it contains high levels of vitamins C and B5, and broccoli protects the lungs from damage.
- Spinach:spinach is making tobacco to taste bad, and it is rich in vitamins and folic acid as well.
- Dry herbs:they reduce nicotine in the body, and are rich in vitamin A and vitamin E.
- Berries:they flush out all the harmful toxins from the body.
- Oranges:these fruits contain high levels vitamin C, they boost your metabolism, and reduce stress.
- Kiwi: replenishes vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E that smoking reduces.
- Carrot juice:it is abundant in vitamins A, B, C, and K which are eliminating the nicotine from the body. Carrot juice is high in vitamins that are able to replenish the skin’s nutrients in order to make it glow because nicotine makes the skin to look dull.
- Pomegranate:it helps the blood circulation and blood cell count.
So, if you are thinking about smoking or you are trying to quit, try these foods and they will help you quit smoking or just help you resist smoking.